Major: History. Thesis: "Virginia Huguenot Impact on Southern Baptist Origins"; Advisor: Dr. Ellen Eslinger. Graduated with distinction and 4.0 GPA, full scholarship.
- President of Norwood, Colorado Chamber of Commerce, two consecutive terms, 1993-1997
- President of Norwood Racing, thoroughbred, two consecutive terms, 1994-1996
- Grant writer for various entities in Norwood, Colorado and in La Grange, Kentucky
- Past Public Relations Chair for several non-profit businesses and arts organizations
AWARDS AND HONORS
- Kentucky Historical Society Research Grant (May 2005)
- Filson Historical Society Fellow (January 2005)
- Egan-Martinez Full Scholarship, History Department, DePaul University (2004-2005)
- Merit Scholar, History Department, DePaul University (2003-2004)
- Colorado Press Association Shining Star Award and thirteen first-place awards for copywriting, layout, and design (1996)
- Various art and design awards, including a regional ADDY (1970 – 2001)
Winter Quarter 2005 - Teaching Assistant, Department of History, DePaul University, Chicago, Illinois. Served as assistant to Drs. John Burton and Jane Baxter during a travel abroad session in San Salvador, Bahamas. The 2005 course was a second-year phase of a five-year archaeological project focused on a post-Revolutionary War plantation.
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- Mom Chronicles, financial column published weekly through BUYandHOLD [online: http://www.buyandhold.com]. New York: Oppenheimer (2001-2012).
- WordPress Heroes (Holland, The Netherlands: DMXZone.com E-Book, January 2010).
- DMXZone.com Premium Content, weekly tutorial on a variety of graphic design, Web design and social media topics [online directory: http://www.dmxzone.com/myZone.asp?userid=190940]. The Netherlands: Dynamic Zones International BV (2004-2010).
- Better Investing Magazine, monthly editorial column for magazine that appeals to investing clubs [online: http://www.betterinvesting.org/bimagazine/masthead.html]. Michigan: NAIC (2006 – 2009).
- Design and Accessibility: Recommendations and Legalities for Web Designers and Developers (Holland, The Netherlands: DMXZone.com E-Book, 2006).
- “Fort Charlotte Graffiti: Cultural textures and Spaces, 1789 – 1935,” Presentation for staff, students, and visitors, Gerace Research Center: San Salvador, Bahamas (December 2005).
- “Fort Charlotte’s Graffiti: Nineteenth Century Bahamian Military Life – Its Spaces, Textures, and Memories,” Journal of the Bahamas Historical Society, vol. 27. Nassau, Bahamas: Bahamas Historical Society (October 2005).
- “DePaul University Excavations at Polly Hill Plantation: A Report of the 2004 Field Season,” Chicago, Illinois: DePaul University (July 2005).
- Design for Web Developers: Colour and Layout for the Artistically Overwhelmed (Holland, The Netherlands: DMXZone.com E-Book, January 2005).
- Learn To Design With Flash MX (London: Friends of Ed Publishing, November 2002).
- Published poet in several venues, most recently the Mojave River Press & Review.